The BEST teaching moments aren’t ones that are planned.-Michele Borba
Mind power is based upon the scientific discovery that everything at its purest and deepest essence is energy.
It’s a practice and repetition is the key to success.(Reference Mind Power For Children by John Kehoe)
TO START WITH
- Observe your child’s “receptive” times (may be a car ride or before sleep)
- Try to keep it fun and light hearted.
- Practice POSITIVE speech Habits ,pay special attention to words you use and the energy around it.
- Encourage your child to believe in mind power techniques and try it out yourself.
Children have never been very good at listening to their elders,but they have never failed to imitate them.>>James Baldwin
Through understanding ourselves,looking within to discover the reasons ,behind why we act and feel the way we do with conscious parenting approach , we can choose ,if necessary to make shifts in our awareness and behaviors.
It’s ironic that while we often resist changes to improve our lives, we will do it for our children.What a gift our children give us-They call upon us to be the very best we can be.
MIND POWER 4 main techniques are
- Eliminating negatives
TIPS FOR AFFIRMATIONS
- Short and simple affirmations go a long way, Like a short phrase or statement
- Make sentences positive .Replace negative thinking with new positive affirmation. Be careful to avoid word “no,not”.Like instead of “I am not dumb or stupid -say – I am smart and do anything ,I put my mind to .”
- Don’t force yourself or your child to believe the affirmation when saying it.Just relax and repeat without the thought as to whether they are true or not.The magic of affirmations is that hey will work automatically,without us to believe them as we rewire our neurons.
- Repeat affirmations often ,till they become first thought about a situation in your child’s mind.Join them in saying affirmations together.Bedtime and travelling time is great opportunity to repeat affirmations.
TIPS FOR VISUALIZATION
- Help your child visualize goals, situations as if it is happening now ,with as many as possible nuances of feelings, thoughts and sensations the situation will bring forth.
- Visualize outcomes as if it has already happened ,without worrying about how’s it going to happen.
- Visualize like a movie , frame by frame, photo by photo,in a slow process in the beginning.Like a movie director , you might need retakes and cuts till visualized scene feels and looks right.
- One can experience it with eyes open or closed ,but repeating it daily is like mental vitamin pills ,we need daily.
TIPS FOR ACKNOWLEDGING
- Our child’s worth is not dependent on results, performances,accolades or grades.Their efforts, process, participation and enjoyment deserves acknowledgement , appreciation and attention.
- Our acknowledgements make them feel about their life right now , remind them that they are already worthy ,because of process and efforts .
- Remember to notice tiniest of actions, efforts ,behaviors and activities and acknowledge them .
- Don’t forget to acknowledge yourself and your parenting journey .
TIPS FOR ELIMINATING NEGATIVITY
It’s easier and wiser to raise a happy, healthy child than to repair an adult -Chrisitna Bublick
- Children don’t have to be happy all the time and no human can be . What we can do is learn how to navigate our emotional disturbances ,learn a good vent and feel the feelings.
- Check in the feelings ,label feelings , try to reach to the thoughts behind those feelings .
- Most of our feelings have thoughts behind it . Most of our thoughts have our beliefs or past conditioning behind it and most of these can be deconstructed for our better self.
- Share your feelings , model conscious deconstruction of your feelings and establish healthy emotional habits.
BELIEVING IN OUR CHILDREN AND ENABLING THEM TO FIND THEIR OWN ANSWERS ,ARE TWO OF THE GREATEST GIFTS WE CAN GIVE THEM.-LAURA DAVIS & JANIS KEYSER
As PARENTS,we question our beliefs and conditioning ,we consciously work to give them our insights.Let’s work together ,to foster a generation of self -assured ,clear thinkers,and conscious beings. Everything we do makes a difference when we parent in a conscious way. It will touch every person ,our children will come in contact with .
I dare to believe that the world will change ,one parent , one child ,at a time.
This is the vision.